2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 11:23 AM by David Roers

Add markers to specific sparkline points (e.g., high, low, end)

David Roers

Is there a way to add colored markers to specific data points on a sparkline?  Below is an image of how Excel handles it -- allowing you to choose to mark all points, or the high, low, negative, first, or last and choosing a separate color for each (e.g., high would be green, low would be red).

Sparkline.bmp

Thanks!

--dsr

• 1. Re: Add markers to specific sparkline points (e.g., high, low, end)
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi David,

To get markers on all the points, use the drop down menu next to Color on the Marks card and select the middle option next to Markers. To add a point to both ends of the line, create a calculated field similar to the following:

if first()=0 or last()=0 then sum(Sales) end

Then, create a dual axis with Sales and the above calculation. Change the mark type for the calculation to be a Circle. Right click on the axis and select Synchronize Axes...To change the colors based on the value, another calculation similar to the following can be created and placed on the color shelf:

if first()=0 and sum(Sales)>0 then 'green'

elseif last()=0 and sum(Sales)>0 then 'green'

elseif last()=0 and sum(Sales)<0 then 'red'

elseif first()=0 and sum(Sales)<0 then 'red'

end

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Add markers to specific sparkline points (e.g., high, low, end)
            David Roers

Thanks, Tracy!  Works like a charm (though I wish I didn't have to sacrifice my secondary axis).