1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 7:28 PM by Dimitri.B

Distribution Reference Line on Aggregate Data

Eric Bokobza

Hello,

I am trying to make a visualization that will show the "phone time" of each person, along with reference lines for the average and 2 standard deviations in either direction for that particular person. The problem is that the deviations are coming out for the whole group and not for each individual. This may be because it is aggregated data, but I'm not sure. I want it to kind of look like a candlestick (stock) chart with a line at the the average and two lines above and two lines below. Is there any way to create this visualization?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Distribution Reference Line on Aggregate Data
          Dimitri.B

Your Phone Time measure is an aggregate, i.e. each agent will only get one number. Standard deviation of a single number is, by definition, zero.

If you want standard deviations for each agent, you need to have a measure that will contains many values per agent. I don't understand your data to suggest a solution, but maybe something like phone time per hour, or phone time per day, etc. will work?

What is Talk Time vs Staffed Time? Maybe it makes sense to have

[Talk Time] / [Staffed Time]

instead of

SUM([Talk Time]) / SUM([Staffed Time])

If yes, then St. Dev. for Phone Time should work, perhaps via table calculation.