2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 10:59 AM by Alan Kwan

Bar Chart Positive/Negative

Alan Kwan

Hi all,

Is it possible to produce something like this? I know I can use the difference between the values, but I want the actual value instead (90%, 100%)

Attached is a sample workbook.

Thanks,

Alan

SS.JPG

• 1. Re: Bar Chart Positive/Negative
          Jonathan Drummey

How about something like the attached? Instead of using the Bar Mark, where the length of the bars is based from 0 (or the prior measure for a stacked bar) to the measure value, I used the Gantt Bar Mark, where the length of the Bars is based on what is on the Size Shelf and the starting point is the measure value.

It looks like the origin is the average of the results, so I created the following calcs to do this:

WA SAT: WINDOW_AVG(AVG([SAT]))

This table calc computes an overall average and is used as the measure on the Rows shelf.

SAT Bar Length: ATTR([SAT])-[WA SAT]

This calc computes the length (Size) of the bars and is used as the measure on both the Size shelf and the Color shelf.

I also created a reference line based on WA SAT to provide a fake axis line, and edited the axis so it only shows the top %.

Cheers,

Jonathan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bar Chart Positive/Negative
            Alan Kwan

This is exactly what I am looking for, Thanks Jonathan, never knew gantt chart can be used this way.