If you are still experiencing this issue, I would recommend sending this into our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help get a fast response time, include the following information if possible:
1. What iPad model is being used? (eg. iPad 1 or iPad 2)
2. What version of iOS is the device running? (From the iPad: Settings > General > About > Version) If it is running an iOS version earlier than 4.3.3, please update the iPad to the latest version as it contains many important performance improvements. Does this resolve the issue?
3. Log Files (See http://www.tableausoftware.com/support/knowledge-base/creating-tableau-server-log-files for instructions on bundling and sending the log files).
Hi Aaron (or anyone who may come across this issue),
Not sure, if you found a solution to this, but the following information may help you find a solution:
- Tableau iPad app 7.0
- Tableau Server configured to work with a proxy server
- Apache 2.2 acting as proxy server
- Apache proxy server configured with proxypass directive
Resolution:In Apache, configure keepalive=on Root Cause:
The proxypass directive will override Apache keepalive setup and set it to off. That means the connection is not persistent with Tableau Server and the keepalive setting seems to be required when connecting to the iPad app.
Hope this helps!