1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 85 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2019 12:17 PM by brad.earle.1 Go to original post
      • 30. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
        Toby Erkson

Luz Angela Delgado,

Please post your question in the Forums.  Many more people will see it and it's the appropriate location.  You may want to try a search as this is a common question.

• 31. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
          Michele NASSAR

Hello,

First of all thank you Andy and Toby. When I found your tool last week I was happy to find something that helps doing things a bit faster and smarter....

I don't know if Sofiane finally solved his problem. I used to have the same problem when using some French (France) locale.

I have a problem with workbooks with parameters. When  auditing a worksheet (AuditWorksheets) I have an error with AuditColumnElements. From what I can find on the Internet (I don't know anything about access) it seems that the problem is with the select when the select gets no data (here "SELECT ConnectionID from Connections where...."). How can I check that? Where/when is this connection table fed anyway? Did someone get the same failure ?

Thanks,

Michèle

ProblemParameters.png

• 32. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
            Toby Erkson

I think the issue is with the file name itself:  You should never use special characters for a file name.  A file name should start with a number or letter and the only special characters it may contain would be the dash ( - ) or underscore ( _ ).  Anything else can be misconstrued as a command, for example, % can be a place holder for zero or one character while * can be a place holder for zero or many characters.

P.S. Andy did all the hard work, I simply added a function to pull workbooks from the Server

• 33. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
              Michele NASSAR

Thank you Toby. I renamed the file, I renamed the worksheet but I still have the same problem. I am going to do more step by step tests to identify when it begins to fail (this file was an export of a workbook I did not created). I will keep you updated.

• 34. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                Michele NASSAR

Hello!

Some news : I found what the problem is : I am French and so are my users.

So we use Tableau in French. and at some point I have this in all workbooks using parameters:

<datasource caption='Paramètres' name='Parameters' />

instead of that

<datasource caption='Parameters' name='Parameters' />

This explains the error message I had.

When I modify in some user's workbook Paramètres --> Parameters it works fine...

Do you have a hint on what I should modify in TWB Auditor - data.accdb to make it work? Else I will have to find some "Access for dummies" book.

P.S. : two attachments : the failing workbook and the successful one (no difference except for paramètres --> parameters)

EDIT : (some months later...)

The problem is here (AuditWorksheets):       

The name of the parameters source in the worksheet is "Paramètres" in worksheets\...\datasources\datasource\caption --> Paramètres

The name of the parametes source is "Paramètres"

This part

Set rstDatasources = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT ConnectionID from Connections where ConnectionName = """ & strConnectionName & """ and WorkbookID = " & iWorkbookID)

is looking for Paramètres instead of Parameters

Workaround : some

Just after

strConnectionName = GetConnectionName(ndDataSourceNode)

which is located just before the request

I added :

If strConnectionName = "Paramètres" Then

strConnectionName = "Parameters"

End If

Maybe not the best way to do it but it solved my problem.

• 35. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                  Toby Erkson

Michele, I do not know what to modify, sorry

• 36. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                    Beatriz Manzano

Hello Andy, it seems this tool is amazing but I cannot get it to work.

When I click on 'Audit all workbooks' nothing happens.

Any chance you can help me understand what I am doing wrong?

• 37. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                      Toby Erkson

Double-click the menu item you want:

• 38. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                        Beatriz Manzano

Good day Toby and thank you but that is what I did and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

• 39. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                          Kiran K

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your post, I tried to use this tool but getting 'Compiler error' (below snap shot) after clicking 'GO' button, can you or some one help me out. Thanks !compile error.png

• 40. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                            Toby Erkson

Kiran, we need to see the procedure so please expand the window where the code is highlighted.  All we can see is the Module (Auditor) and that's not enough information (I'm guessing it's the AuditDashboards function).  Also, are you using Andy's original application or the one with the modifications I made (v2.0 is my addition)?

Looks like you're missing a necessary Reference.  Do this:

You should see this pop-up and it should have the following check boxes selected:

If you don't see the same ones checked (order doesn't matter) then scroll through the list and if you see the reference then check it, click OK, and save.

• 41. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                              Toby Erkson

Beatriz Manzano wrote:

Good day Toby and thank you but that is what I did and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

If you are challenged to allow macros you do want to click the Enable button (or Allow, I forget exactly what's on the button face).  Macros must be allowed to run.

File >> Options >> Trust Center >> Trust Center Settings...

You want to make sure ActiveX Settings enables controls.

You want to make sure Macro Settings enables all macros.

• 42. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                                Beatriz Manzano

Thank you Toby, the Access file is working now.

The tool does seem to audit any TWB file based on cubes and that is my work.

I saw your reply to Kiran saying you have an updated version, does it work with cubes? In any case, can you let me know where I can get it?

• 43. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                                  Tamas Foldi

I have an another idea how to run TWB Auditor directly on the Server. I made that tableau file system which can mount the contents of the server (published workbooks and datasources) to a unix folder or a windows drive. It works well in general, I can open the workbooks from windows easily but from the Auditor I have the following error:

no files to audit.PNG

As you see I mounted the server to the Z: drive and from Explorer and cmd.exe I see the workbooks. However, from Auditor I have "There are no files to audit" error. Does the app handles spaces and drive letters correctly? Or is it something on my end? Any idea?

• 44. Re: What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor
                                    Tamas Ozsvath

Hi Andy,

It a great tool!

I have just fixed Tamas Foldi's problem with TWB Auditor('No Files to Audit on shared drive'). First of all this "no files to audit" issue caused by FillDirToTable function. Here I had some trouble with strFileSpec variable. It did not recognized ".TWBX" files on Z:\ mounted tableau drive. I have replaced it with ""*.TW*"". StrFileSpec.png

It seems working.

After solving this problem I had found another issue.

permission_denied.jpg

The DeleteUnpackagedWorkbook function was unable to delete temp files from my temp folder(c:\usres...\temp\..). It is caused by that, on Z: shared drive, every file is read only. So when the files were unzipped by the TWB Auditor was also read only. I have inserted a short code to remove read-only.
                                    ReadOnly.jpg

In case if I overwrote any function, or I have caused any issues in your code, please contact me. But it seems working properly on this drive.

Thanks,
                                    Tamas Ozsvath