1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 9:49 PM by Mehmet Kilinc

Invalid option --pagesize while exporting to PDF using tabcmd

Gabriel Gejman

Hi All,

I'm trying to export to PDF a workbook with 2 tabs that are very long. When I use the export to PDF option on the toolbar in the view I can get it correctly printed using Paper Size=letter and Content:Sheets in Workbook, resulting in 2 pages for the first tab and 5 pages for the second.

I want to do the same using tabcmd and saw that the export command has a pagesize parameter here:

http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/v7.0/server/en-us/tabcmd_cmd.htm#id7eedf1d3-9ae7-4119-9d68-efc5632ca75b__id7cb8d032-a4ff-43da-9990-15bdfe64bcd0

The problem is that when I try to add that parameter I get an *** Invalid option "--pagesize"given. error. Without this option the exported PDF prints the workbook using one file per tab (a looong page for the first one and only a portion of the second one).

This is the command I'm using: tabcmd export -t SiteName "WorkbookName/ViewName" --pdf --pagesize letter -f "C:\Users\test4"

I'm working with Tableau 7.0.1 (no time to do monthly upgrades, please give us a patch!)

How should I use this parameter? Is there any way to get the same behavior that I get using the toolbar?

Thanks!