4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2012 11:47 AM by Vusi Nkomo

Dimension use

Vusi Nkomo

Hi,

I have a data set with team leaders and team members. I would like to display the data on a wall board, one team at a time. When i put the team leaders on the page shelf, numbers appear only against the team in question, but all the members in the dataset remain on the worksheet. Any ideas on how i can achieve what i am attempting?

• 1. Re: Dimension use
          Tracy Rodgers

Instead of using the Pages shelf, use a quick filter for the team leaders.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Dimension use
            Vusi Nkomo

It needs to go on a wall board and they want it looping continously to show the work area their performance. So quick filters unfortunately will not work as they require continuous intervention...unless i am misunderstanding your response

• 3. Re: Dimension use
              Jonathan Drummey

The Pages shelf won't do what you want, it's designed to pull all the data and show what

However, I have seen some old forum posts (I don't have any links unfortunately) about people setting up some (Javascript maybe?) code that would automatically refresh a Tableau Server view, I believe you could use that in conjunction with some filters to pull up the view.

Jonathan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Dimension use
                Vusi Nkomo

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response. What i ended up doing was putting the data i needed to page through pre-filtered on to different dashboards, publishing those to the server, and then using the live web add-in for powerpoint and looping each on a different sheet therein. It is a workaround that works well.