2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 9:21 AM by muthumari.shanmugasundaram

IS it possible to have a value in the filter pre-selected?

I have some duplications problem and hence I have hardcoded "SITE - (All)" for all the metrics.. So, when a user loads the page now, he would get (All) defined by the system which might give wrong data in the graphs whereas, if I have "SITE_ALL" preselected, I could avoid this.

Anyone knows how to do this??

• 1. Re: IS it possible to have a value in the filter pre-selected?
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Muthumari,

This might be a possible solution. In the quick filter, it is possible to turn off the All option. Click in the upper right corner of the quick filter and select Customize-->uncheck Show 'All' Value. Then, sort the field in the data box (right click on the field and select Field Properties-->Sort-->Manual, and sort so that SITE_ALL is at the top).

I hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: IS it possible to have a value in the filter pre-selected?

I cannot remove the "ALL". the reason is "I have 4 filters interlinked with each other". When a user clicks on SITE filter (Filter1), then the other filters will have values relevant to the option selected and so on. When I finally want to change everything from Filter 1, then I have to reset Filter 4 then Filter 3 and so on by selecting (All) in each of the filters, to be able to change my selection.

If I select say US in filter 1, then I need "US(All)" to be preselcted in other filters. Saving this selection doesn't solve my problem since I need similar preselctions for other options as well.. Say UK in filter 1, then UK (All) needs to be preselected..

Is there any other solution for this problem?