2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 3:56 PM by P Fro

How to ignore a global filter on a second viz

P Fro

I've been searching the boards but can't find a solution:

Attached is a simple dummy workbook. I have three viz's on a dashboard and a global filter for "Market" effecting all views. I want "view 1" to remain as a composite view so that all values are always shown regardless of the global market filter but for my purposes, I have to have the market filter continue to effect "view 3".

The only way I can figure to do this is to change the market filter from a quick filter to a filter action (as I have done with "market viz selection") so that a user would click a market on "market viz selection" which is set up to look like a filter. I would then just ignore actions on view 1. However, I don't want to do that because:

1. I like the look of the multiple check box quick filter better than the action

2. In my real-world example, I have a "market" filter changing several different dashboards within one workbook.

Even if I added filter actions and manipulated the different dashboards (which I've already tried) I am still required to use the viz as the filter rather than the more sleek quick filter.

In essence, what I am trying to do is use a global quick filter and ignore it on only one page.

Any takers?