3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 6:49 AM by Jonathan Drummey

Formatting percent in title

I'm having a problem with the format of a percent in a title in a dashboard.  It's showing up as a long decimal.  I tried going to the worksheet, and formatted the number as a percent there, but it didn't change the format in the dashboard title.  Does anybody know how to display the number in the dashboard title as a percent rather than a long decimal?

• 1. Re: Formatting percent in title
          Jonathan Drummey

If you format the number in the Measures view (as opposed to clicking on the pill in the worksheet and selecting Format... from the drop-down menu) then the format used in the Title will change.

Otherwise you'd need the calculation to be something like:

STR(ROUND([calculation],0)) + "%"

Jonathan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Formatting percent in title

Thanks, Jonathan, that was a great tip!  I went to the Measures view, and clicked on the measure I was trying to format as a percent, and went to the Format drop-down menu, but couldn't find an option for formatting the number, which is odd consdiering the title "Format" of the drop-down!  However, when I right-clicked on the measure, it brought up a menu, which included "Field Properties".  I hovered over this and it brought up a "Number format..." option which allowed me to change the format to a percent, and now the title appears as desired.  Thanks for your help on this!

- Jon Naatjes

• 3. Re: Formatting percent in title
              Jonathan Drummey

You're welcome!