5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 3:14 PM by Shawn Wallwork Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Does anyone else find this, well ugly?

Matt Shoemaker

I agree that there should be a way to turn off these design elements.  It makes sense for the designer to see them but not the consumer.

I have clients that do not have server so they use Desktop and Reader to consume dashboards and they almost don't believe me when I tell them that they can't be turned off!

• 1. Re: Does anyone else find this, well ugly?
          Shawn Wallwork

Matt, I posted this 'way' back when I first started using Tableau (obviously not so long ago). I still think it's a valid criticism that needs to be addressed, and I'm glad you agree. And thanks for the reminder! Pls post this in the Ideas sections so we can all vote on it.

--Shawn

PS: Forums Administrator, I have 'branching' control of this thread, but I can't put it where it belongs, in Ideas. Really?

PPS: You must be getting tired of hearing this from me.

• 2. Re: Does anyone else find this, well ugly?
            Dimitri.B

Shawn, I can't see the full thread in this view, it starts from Matt's comment. Is it just me, or is the thread now broken?

• 3. Re: Does anyone else find this, well ugly?
              Shawn Wallwork

Nope Dimitri, it's not just you. Strange behavior going on with this thread. Here's the original:

http://community.tableau.com/thread/114607

But no guarantees that link will work. If it doesn't, search 'Ugly', when I did the original thread came up first.

--Shawn

Edit: I think I just figured out what happened. Earlier I clicked the 'branch' option to confirm I couldn't branch this to the Idea forum, and I didn't notice that it automatically created a branch within this same forum. So I guess there's no way to 'un-branch' this now. I'm also a bit surprised that I didn't get a branch to where dialogue box, which I've gotten before. Oh well...

Message was edited by: Shawn Wallwork

• 4. Re: Does anyone else find this, well ugly?
                Matt Shoemaker

Yeah, I've been a bit confused by the new forum layout even when it's working correctly.  For instance, each utterance in a thread has a "reply" link but there's also a "Reply to original post" link at the bottom of the thread.  I'm not sure what behavior to expect when I reply to a reply (perhaps a nested display) but, long story short, I'm sorry if I broke anything!

• 5. Re: Does anyone else find this, well ugly?
                  Shawn Wallwork

Matt, you didn't. The fault was entirely mine (and a half bottle of wine ) I really should turn the computer off when I take that first sip! What I was actually looking for was the 'Move' button, and used the branch instead. So sorry I accidentally started a thread with your name on it. Hope you don't mind.

--Shawn