3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 4:58 PM by Ivan Maffioli

georeferencing

for a project of georeferencing: is there a map of italy?

• 1. Re: georeferencing
          Dan Cory

Maps of Italy are included, including regions and major cities. Background maps down to the major street level are also available. What exactly are you looking for?

• 2. Re: georeferencing
            Fabio Annovazzi

Hi Dan,

I have a similar problem as Monica. I need to build filled maps of Italian "provincie". Italy is divided into "regions' (Lombardia, Lazio, Piemonte,...) and each Region is divided into "provincie" (for instance the province of Milan and of Brescia in Lombardia.

Provinces are further divided into "comuni" (cities/municipalities) and of course zip codes (CAP in italian). Are "provincie" available?

thanks

fabio

• 3. Re: georeferencing
              Ivan Maffioli

Hi Monica,

You have 2 options:

1 if you need only a map with boundary evidence you can use another background map changing the wms reference.

2 if you have to fill the province surface you can build the province polygon in tableau using shapefile gis data form http://www.istat.it/it/strumenti/cartografia

The shapefile contains latitude and longitude of all points of the administrative boundary. You can extract these point into a database table using a gis (quantum gis for example: www.qgis.org).

If you need more information email me at Ivan.maffioli@sdgitaly.it

Ivan