Hello Ed, Did you ever figure out if Qualys was the culprit behind your Tableau Server crashing? We are having the same problem...
Sure would be nice if people followed up...
BTW, 4GB is not enough memory for a server, push to get as much as possible.
This was some time ago prior to Server release 7. I know that version 7 helped however I know we were also receiving many false-positive alerts from Qualys. Tableau Server was being flagged for slowloris attack so we proxied the connections to the server through the F5, and used an iRule (TCL script) to drop any stale connections. We also implemented a second iRule to mitigate against slowPOST attacks. We also had these potential vulnerabilities on other applications, but the iRules seemed to cause strange issues for customers (connection resets), so we decided to accept the risk and remove the irules because of the impact.
Another change is we’ve moved from Qualys to Rapid7 Nexpose for vulnerability scanning. Rapid7 is NOT claiming that we are susceptible to these vulnerabilities. (I have a request for verification on this into Integrity but so far so good.)
Ah, that's good information, thanks!