2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 1:16 PM by Dan Jewett

Tableau 7 Vertica 5.1 Windows 7 64bit connection issue

I'm getting the "drivers not installed correctly" error.  I only have the 32 bit drivers installed.  I'm able to connect with the "other ODBC" using the DSN but that gives warning message about limited functionality.  Trying to use the Vertica connect panel will not work.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Tableau 7 Vertica 5.1 Windows 7 64bit connection issue
          Robert Morton

Hi David,

This is a known issue related to a change in Vertica's naming convention for their drivers. I can't comment on an ETA for supporting Vertica 5.1, but I encourage you to contact support to explain the impact this has on your business so they may try to escalate the effort.

-Robert

• 2. Re: Tableau 7 Vertica 5.1 Windows 7 64bit connection issue
            Dan Jewett

Here is our position from Tableau about connecting to Vertica 5.1 (as of Feb 14, 2012):

HP released a new version of Vertica, version 5.1, in early 2012. The ODBC driver released in conjunction with this Vertica release has changed, which causes Tableau to not be able to connect.  Tableau is working on changes to our products to enable successful connections to this new Vertica 5.1 version and is targeting delivery as part of a maintenance release of the Tableau products in late March.