1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 9:15 PM by Jonathan Drummey

stacked bar primary axis multiple measures secondary axis tableau

I am trying to create a chart with a stacked bar on the left axis and 2 measures displayed as lines on the right. I can only seem to get 1 measure on the right axis. Anyone know if it's possible to create this?

Attached file has the data I pull, an access version of the chart, and a print screen of my tableau attempt.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

• 1. Re: stacked bar primary axis multiple measures secondary axis tableau
          Jonathan Drummey

From looking at your data, what I see are two measures that are in a stacked bar, and you want to display two more measures in the same view as lines. Unfortunately, Tableau doesn't allow for two sets of measure values in the same view, and there's only one "synchronize axes" available per axis. I think you're going to need to reshape your data so some of the measures show up as different values of a given dimension. There are a number of examples in the forums of custom SQL queries using UNION to make the data available to Tableau in a way that it can use it, if you need more assistance someone who knows more than me about that can probably help.