2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 8:26 AM by gall3on

Pacing Fulfillment from Order Date

gall3on

I need help with visualizing how quickly an order is fulfilled after it is received.  Essentially I have records where I have a sale date and a fulfillment date.  I need maybe a line chart or visual showing how quickly an order is fulfilled within x days of sale.  In this same view, I need to see how my fulfillment rate against orders changes over the same x days.  I'm thinking that a combination of using bins and parameters will get me this, but I'm not quite sure how to implement it.

Attached is my sample data.

• 1. Re: Pacing Fulfillment from Order Date
          Matt York

Hey Abigail,

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to achieve, but I attached a workbook using your sample data. There is one calculated field "Days til fulfillment" and a combo chart showing the days til fulfillment of individual orders (blue circles) and the average days til fulfillment (orange line), plotted over time.

Let me know if that helps!

• 2. Re: Pacing Fulfillment from Order Date
            gall3on

Thanks for responding, Matt.  I was unclear a bit of how I envisioned this to be.

Essentially, here's the question I'm trying to find an answer for:

For orders I've received, what does my fulfillment rate look like X amount of days from the order date.  I'm thinking that my Rows will contain a Fulfillment Rate and my Columns will have Days from Order Range (likely 0 through 10).  My Fulfillment Rate is then plotted over time using the Days from Order Range to see how it trends.

For example, I received 10 orders on 1/5.  On 0 day(s) from Order Date, 3 orders were fulfilled.  My Fulfillment Rate is therefore 30% on 0 day(s).  On 1 day(s) from Order Date, cumulative 4 orders were fulfilled against the 10 orders.  My FR% is now 40%.  On 2 day(s) from Order Date, 6 fulfilled orders cumulative.  My FR% is now 60%.

My Fulfillment Rate is 70%.  From here, I can analyze how quickly I reach that 70% fulfillment Rate.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!