2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 4:26 PM by Budy Sugianto

Performance on 64bit server

Erwann Le Moigne

We are running a 6.1.4 version on Windows 2008 64 bits (12 gig memory).

It appears that the tableau server only use 2.6 gig of memory.

Opening a report take 45 seconds, and refreshing a parameter inside the report may take the same amount of time.

Monitoring the server shows that the process tdeserver64.exe is generating an increase of page fault during the report opening and refresh.

Is there any way to fine tune the working set for this process? Any parameters that can help to improve performances?

Thanks and regards,

• 1. Re: Performance on 64bit server
          Budy Sugianto

I've already install TS several times on windows 64-bit (win 7 or win 2008 or win 2008 R2), with memory from 4 GB to 32 GB. I've never meet the symptoms or problems like your description. TS will take memory a lot (more thatn 4 GB, but I've never notice how much exactly).

Do you run the win server virtually?

• 2. Re: Performance on 64bit server
            Budy Sugianto

I've already install TS several times on windows 64-bit (win 7 or win 2008 or win 2008 R2), with memory from 4 GB to 32 GB. I've never meet the symptoms or problems like your description. TS will take memory a lot (more than 4 GB, but I've never notice how much exactly).

Do you run the win server virtually? Do you have specific configuration on the win server?