4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 3:59 PM by Budy Sugianto

turning off tags and comments

Gyula Szita

Is there a way to turn off tags and comments on deployed reports and dashboards?

One report may be used for several different customers. We don't want clients tagging or commentsing on reports.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: turning off tags and comments
          Joe Mako

you can append something like:

?:embed=yes&:comments=no&:toolbar=no&:tabs=no

to the end of the URL for the view.

you can also configure options with server administration, see http://www.tableausoftware.com/currentadmin for details.

• 2. Re: turning off tags and comments
            Gyula Szita

Joe,

Thanks for your response. But could you be more specific? Your suggestion for the URL edit seems only for embedded views, which I found on page 51 of the new Admin PDF you linked to.

I see nothing refering to removing the TAGs.

• 3. Re: turning off tags and comments
              Joe Mako

It works for direct links as well, like:

http://tableau.server.com/views/WorkbookName/Dashboard?:embed=yes&:comments=no&:toolbar=no&:tabs=no

Or are you saying that you allow your users to navigate the Tableau Server web application, and you want to turn off tags when they follow links there?

I am not sure how to do that.

About the only thing I can think of is there are configuration options, such as disabling the download link described at The specified item was not found. I am not sure if anything else can be disabled via a tabcmd.

I am not sure if the showshare option works anymore.

Is there a list available of ALL possible valid tabcmd set options?

The closest I can find is the workgroup.yml file in the folder C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\config

My thought is that if the option is not listed there, it is not configurable via tabcmd set.

You may also be able to control this from the permissions.

Can anyone share more information about these things? I am just guessing.

• 4. Re: turning off tags and comments
                Budy Sugianto

Hi,

Currently I installed Tableau Server v6.1.2.

I want to build an embed tableau view with comments box, but the comments box did not appeared neither Tableau Javascript or URL source (just like guidance in Tableau server admin document).

I've already try using Tableau Javascript like the followoing:

And URL source like the following:

http://localhost/views/Sample/Dashboard1?:embed=yes&:toolbar=yes&:tabs=no&:comments=yes

Please advice.