I recommend contacting tech support. If you can provide the Access database it will help them track down the issue faster.
Thanks, I finally got around to submitting it to tech support today.
I am now experiencing the same problem when trying to open Tableau workbooks that have previously opened Access databases without any issues. Has there been any resolution posted by the Tableau Team or do I need to submit a trouble call as well?
John, the good tech folks at Tableau resolved this issue for my particular case with preview build number 6000.11.0515.2100 , it was released just last week. I am not sure if I can just hand out the username and password for the download URL, but here is the URL, maybe one of the Tableau guys can post the username and password if it can be published here.
------ REMOVED URL -------
The next release should have this addressed as well.
I will stand-by for access to the update. I thought that downloading 6.0.7 (6000.11.0504.2100) had the fix. That version, as I just found out before your response, didn't help.
I helped Andre out with this issue and just wanted to quickly confirm what he has stated above: This is a known issue that has has been fixed in the preview build Andre mentioned and will be included in an upcoming maintenance release as well. Since we can't post the credentials to the preview build site here, go ahead and open a support ticket so we can address this issue directly with you.
Either me or a teammate will follow-up with you, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.
I have removed the URL to the custom build. If you experience this issue, please contact Tableau's Support Team as indicated by Blake Pusztai. Tableau's Support Team will be able to assist you in resolving this issue.
Thank you for your understanding.