3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2011 7:36 PM by James Baker

Faster Create New Worksheet

. Matthew

From 6.0.4 release notes: -

"Added a new tab located on the right side of the worksheet tabs along the bottom of the workbook. Clicking this tab that will create a new worksheet."

After upgrading, I found myself using it without even realising. Very simple, but nice touch.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Faster Create New Worksheet
          Joe Mako

I use it quite frequently myself too.

I have noticed that when I want to add a dashboard tab, I have to remember to not click the button, as it cannot read my mind if I want a dashboard or a worksheet added. If I click it with the intention to add a dashboard, I then have to delete the sheet I added unintentionally, and then go through the right-click context menu to add a dashboard.

So when I want to add a new tab, I have to remember two methods, click nice easy button for new worksheet, but right click and select from menu to add new dashboard (and I have to read every item in the list to ensure I am not deleting a sheet, or selecting some other option that I did not want). (somewhat related, when I go to duplicate a calculated field, I frequently miss-click and attempt to delete the field).

• 2. Re: Faster Create New Worksheet
            . Mcnike

For the life of me, I can't figure why this "create new sheet" option exists in Tableau Reader!  Am I missing something?  You can't save the packaged workbook with a new tab from Reader, nor can you create a new viz on this new sheet... ???

• 3. Re: Faster Create New Worksheet
              James Baker

Oops - good catch, McNike.  It shouldn't be there.

Edit: I've filed this as a bug.