7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 5:08 AM by Henrique Ferraresso

Adding logo

. sovan

How can I add company logo on the top band of my dashboard, edit color, edit the width etc. I am refering to the area which contains Help, Logout etc.

Thanks,

Sovan

• 1. Re: Adding logo
          James Baker

Use "Tableau Server/5.0/bin/tabadmin help customize" to see how to set a custom name and logo image file for your Tableau Server.

• 2. Re: Adding logo
            guest contributor

I'm new with Tableau... could you explain a little bit more how to do this?

• 3. Re: Adding logo
              James Baker

>tabadmin help customize
              Usage: tabadmin customize [options] <parameter> <value>
              Sets a customization parameter to the specified value.  Current known parameters:
                Parameter  Meaning
                name      Name of the product (default "Tableau Server")
                logo      Logo of the product (for best results, use a 125x35 image)
              Command options:
                  -d, --default                    Reset the parameter to its default value.

So you'd type something like:

tabadmin customize name "ACME Server 123"
              and
              tabadmin customize logo "C:\my\path\to\mylogo.png"

• 4. Re: Adding logo
                Erin Easter

Here's an example from the Administrator Guide:

To change the logo:

1. At a command prompt type the following: cd "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\5.0\bin"

2. Change the logo by typing the following: tabadmin customize logo "C:\My Pictures\logo.png"

In the above line, replace "image" with the filename of the image that you want to appear as the

name on the server. For best results, use an image that is 125px X 35px in size. The image can

have .png, .jpg, or .gif file format.

3. Restart the server for the change to take effect by typing: tabadmin restart

These instructions and more about customizing your server can be found on page 32 of the Administrator Guide.

Hope that helps!

Erin

• 5. Re: Adding logo
                  . jesmil

Hi, is it possible to change the tooltip text that appears when you mouse over the logo at the login page? Now it says "Tableau Server Home", even if I change the server name.

//Jesmil

• 6. Re: Adding logo
                    Caroline Bowker

On local auth servers you should see the name you set below the logo:

+customized logo here+

Log in using your +customized name+ server username and password:

Are you seeing that change?

The logo tooltip on the login page does not currently change - there is a possibility it might in 5.1, but I don't know for sure yet.

• 7. Re: Adding logo
                      Henrique Ferraresso

And how we can do that by using a Mac platform?