In my Football Player Retention graph, I added rows to the Excel named range that the viz uses as the data source.  The named range includes the extra rows.  The data updated in the original 29 rows where the data changed, but I couldn't get the graph to show the additional ten rows of data added to the range. 

 

I used data interpreter for a different viz that links to an Excel spreadsheet and decided to give it a try here.  I turned on data interpreter but still no impact on the range.  However, I could use the sheet as the data source instead of the named range and finally, my extra rows appeared.