I love the option in Tableau Desktop that lets me right-click a data connection and Replace with another. This is actually a fairly common task that I'd love to see made simple in Tableau Prep.
Real-world use cases:
- Many organizations, especially enterprises, have separate environments for DEV/PROD/TEST. Give me the ability to switch easily. (Parameters in Prep would make this even easier - see https://community.tableau.com/ideas/8877
- I have one file that I'm using for input, but get a new version. I have some options (https://vizpainter.com/new-input-files-in-tableau-prep/), but a nice Replace Data Source would be great!
- The organization migrates our database to the cloud and I have to create a new connection
- The organization moves the database to a new server
- Susan opens my flow on her machine and wants to use with a different, but similar, set of sources