When I get my daily dose of Tableau Viz of the Day on my mobile, I want to view it right on my mobile.
Helas, we don't have a Tableau Public app for mobile.
You guys probably know how important Tableau Public is for:
- Educating and engaging the public about data visualization
- Showcasing what Tableau is capable of.
- Providing examples for viz design
- Acting as a platform for data journalism
- Serving as a Guinea Pig for product development
Limiting the mobile app to server or online service is not going to help increase the market awareness and share.
Here is an earlier post by Allan Walker in which he asked for TP Premium
I would say a free version is even more important. Otherwise, Tableau may lose the mobile market share.