Summary: Under certain conditions a user who accesses a workbook as a Guest user can view data as the publisher of the data.
Vulnerable Versions: Tableau Server 9.0.0 (through 9.0.2)
Conditions: The issue affects Tableau Server when all of the following conditions are true:
- A user has viewed a workbook that includes embedded credentials for the data source.
- The user who published the workbook has permission to view the data.
- The workbook includes user filters or calculations.
- The Guest user is enabled.
Impact: A user who accesses the workbook on Tableau Server as a Guest user can potentially see data that should not be visible to that user.
Resolution: The issue can be fixed by upgrading to the following Tableau Server versions:
Tableau Server 9.0.3
Work around: In the meantime, disable Guest access.
- CVSS v2.0 Base Score: 4.3
- CVSS v2.0 Vector: AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:N/A:NFor more information about vectors, see CVSS v2 Vector Definitions on the National Vulnerability Database site.