Sheet swapping or sheet selection is a technique used to switch out views in a dashboard.
The basics approach is:
- Place multiple sheets in a single layout container
- Hide the titles of the views
- Use filters to show / hide the view.
There is a good KB article here: Creating a Sheet Selector for a Dashboard | Tableau Software
This workbook extends that example to demonstrate:
- Swapping with Parameters
- Swapping with Quick Filters
- Swapping with Action Filters
- Swapping based on How Many Items are selected
- Showing a "No Data!" Message when a view is empty
Thanks Jonathan Drummey for pointing out a simpler solution. Using a copy of the dimension used in the quick filter or action filter is lot more intuitive than the table calc.
Tableau Version: 8.1
Original Author: Joshua N. Milligan