Business Analytics Advisor (Reporting and Dashboard Visualization)
The Cigna Service Operations Business Intelligence & Analytics (SOBI&A) organization offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce health costs, improve outcomes, provide financial security and measure and forecast business performance. The Reporting and Dashboard Visualization position is a hands-on role responsible for the end-to-end design, development & deployment of data & analytics solutions for Service Operations (i.e. Customer Advocacy, Client On Boarding & Services…).
Working in SOBI&A, this employee collaborates with the operations to determine needs, facilitate requirements, design data layers, and design and develop ad hoc, canned, or dynamic reports and dashboards (especially using Tableau) related to supporting the functions of the group. In addition, the role performs analysis of data and draws conclusions out of the data to help make informed decisions.
- Agile team member (customer advocacy domain) responsible for being the subject matter expert in designing, developing and deploying dynamic & interactive dashboards, operational scorecards, ad hoc and canned reports using Business Intelligence tools and solutions, with heaviest emphasis on creating visualizations and dashboards in Tableau.
- Extracts and writes queries to underlying Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Elicits business requirements and specifications from operations and other partners.
- Collects and organizes data and information from a variety of sources.
- Writes results of analyses, explain findings, and makes recommendations to managers and executives
- Strong experience (3+ years) with Tableau is required. Demonstrated delivery with Tableau is a must. Only candidates with Tableau experience exercised during work projects will be considered. Tableau Certification is a plus, but not required.
- Strong understanding of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures in designing data visualizations (ie knows when to use bar chart, stacked bar, area graph, scatter plot, dual axis, drill down).
- Experience with other data visualization products such as Cognos, Looker, and Qlikview is a plus.
- Strong proficiency (3+ years) with SQL, Cognos, and Oracle databases is required.
- B.A./B.S. degree is preferred or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field of study is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organization.
- Ability to communicate the results of the analysis to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply domain expertise across business operations (i.e. Claim Ops, Call/Contact Center, Client Services…).
- Must be strong at problem solving and demonstrate an analytical mindset.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to convey information in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Ability to convey complex data via visual techniques to succinctly communicate for decision-making and storytelling.