You can now use the Tableau ServiceNow ITSM connector to connect to an on premises instance of ServiceNow.
Before you connect, you have to configure Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) on your on premises ServiceNow instance. CORS is a mechanism that supports secure cross-domain requests. Setting up CORS safelists the domain to allow cross-origin requests. This lets the Tableau connector access the data that you want to analyze in Tableau.
Configure CORS for Tableau
- In ServiceNow, go to System Web Service > CORS Rules.
- Click New.
- Complete the form:
- In the Name field, enter a name that’s meaningful for you.
- In the Rest API drop-down list, select Table API.
- In the Domain field, enter the URL for the Tableau connector exactly: https://connectors.tableau.com
- Accept the defaults on the HTTP Methods tab (GET and POST are selected by default).
- Click Submit.
Cross-Origin Resource Sharing on the Mozilla developer website.
REST API CORS support on the ServiceNow website.
Define a CORS rule on the ServiceNow website.