You should get the latest version of PostgreSQL from https://www.postgresql.org/, if you don't already have one installed.
Follow the instructions to install and configure PostgreSQL as provided by their website.
At the end you should have a user and password that you can use to login to PostgreSQL
The next step is to execute a script to create the Scout database and the tables needed for Scout:
create_scout_postgres_db.bat <path_to_postgresql_bin_folder> <user> <host> <port>
- The <path_to_postgresql_bin_folder> - is a mandatory parameter. It should point to the bin folder of your postgresql installation.
- Ex: C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\bin
- <user> - is a mandatory parameter. It represents the postgresql user you want to have the Scout DB and tables created under. This will be the user you will need to provide to Scout instructing it to use it for saving the results in the database
- Ex: postgres
- <host> - optional parameter. The machine which is running the PostgreSQL database (could be different than where you run the PosgreSQL CLI). Default value: localhost
- Ex: localhost
- <port> - optional parameter. The port on which the PostgreSQL database is running on. Default value: 5432
- Ex: 5432