Healthcare Analytics enables doctors, nurses and clinic analysts to track patient health, hospitals to manage budgets, and public healthcare workers to understand macro-trends across regions.
Leverage these Healthcare resources, in addition to the ready-made course curriculum modules found in our Tableau for Teaching User Community, to help get your students get up and running with Tableau. You can download this reference sheet as a PDF at the bottom of the document.
- Request instructor, student and computer lab keys through the Tableau for Teaching Program.
- Join our Tableau for Teaching User Community to access teaching resources, collaborate with other instructors teaching with Tableau, and share teaching materials that you develop. Note: The Tableau for Teaching User Community is a private group for qualified instructors in the Tableau for Teaching program. You must be signed into to the Tableau website to request access.
- Watch, interact and learn how to work with Tableau Desktop with the Starter Kit.
Sample Tableau Workbooks
Instruct your students to download these workbooks to reverse engineer the views built with the subject-specific data extracted in Tableau.
The GHI is used to measure and track hunger globally, while showcasing drivers of food and nutrition security. Data obtained by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Welthhungerhilfe (WHH) and Concern Worldwide. Dataset and additional information here. Workbook available for download.
This dashboard tracks causes of death by county through data obtained by the Journal of American Medical Association. Workbook available for download.
Track patient volume by clinic, admission time and by specific departments. Workbook available to download.
- Healthcare Analytics Webinar Series
- Patient Care at the Cleveland Clinic(54 minutes)
- Visual Analytics at the Providence Brain and Spine Institute (61 minutes)
- Top Trends in UK Healthcare Analytics; Tableau Whitepaper, Bob Middleton
- Tableau Partnership with EHR vendor, Epic., Healthcare IT News, Bill Siwicki
- How Analytics Can Guide Patient Care and Health Policy, Harvard Business Review, Josh Gray
- Additional Medicine, Health and Life Sciences data can accessed through the Harvard Dataverse.