eLearning User FAQs

Version 20

How do I sign in/log in to my eLearning account for the first time?

1. Go to elearning.tableau.com.

2. Sign in using your Tableau ID.  If you don’t have a Tableau ID, see How do I create a Tableau ID?

3. Register at the Tableau eLearning Center using the Access Code provided by your organization’s Central Administrator. If you don’t have an Access Code, see What is my Access Code?

4. Return to elearning.tableau.com any time to access your eLearning.

When I try to sign in, I’m told that my password is incorrect. How can I reset my password?

1. Go to elearning.tableau.com.

2. Click the Forgot Password link under the Sign In button.

3. A password reset email will be sent to you.

I’m having trouble signing in. What can I do?

Double-check the following:

1. Make sure you are typing the URL (elearning.tableau.com) correctly. That URL should open the correct sign in page.

2. Make sure you are signing in using your Tableau ID. If you don’t have a Tableau ID, see How do I create a Tableau ID?

3. Try resetting your password. See How can I reset my password?

4. If it’s your first time logging in, you’ll need your Access Code. See What is my Access Code?

How do I create a Tableau ID?

1. Go here to begin creating a Tableau ID account.

2. Fill out and submit the form.

3. Confirm your email address via the Tableau ID confirmation email.

4. Visit elearning.tableau.com any time to access your eLearning.

What is my Access Code?

Your Access Code is needed to register for eLearning the first time you sign in. Ask your organization’s Central Administrator for your Access Code if they haven’t yet provided you with one.

How do I make the eLearning larger?

On a lesson page, you can make the eLearning larger by clicking the expand button in the bottom right corner.

expand-button-bottom-right-24x24.jpg

Or click the left arrow button in the top middle of the page.

Left-Arrow-Expand-Button-24x23.jpg

I downloaded the activity files, but I don’t know where they went. How can I find them?

Open your browser’s default folder for downloads.

How can I see my progress?

On your profile page, you can see how many lessons out of the total number of lessons that you have completed, for each course. See How do I view my profile page?

Additionally, on the Course Overview page, you’ll see check marks next to lessons you’ve completed, as well as a count of lessons completed out of the total number of lessons under the course title, in the top right corner.

How do I view my profile page?

To get to your profile page, in the top right corner, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile image, and then click My Profile.

my-profile-link.png

Do I get a certificate of completion for finishing a course?

A certificate of completion will be available on your profile page after completing a course. To get to your profile page, in the top right corner, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile image, and then click My Profile. Click View certificate, and then click the certificate itself to open or download a printable PDF of your certificate.

How do I print my certificate of course completion?

View and print your certificate of completion from your profile page. To get to your profile page, in the top right corner, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile image, and then click My Profile. Click View certificate, and then click the certificate itself to open or download a printable PDF of your certificate.

How do I change my profile picture?

In the top right corner, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile image, and then click My Profile. On your profile image, click Update. Browse to and select the image you want, and then click Open. The image will update.

How do I find out when my eLearning subscription expires?

Contact your organization’s Central Administrator. This will likely be the employee of your organization who originally sent you your eLearning Access Code, and the information may be in their initial invitation email.

How do I get help if I encounter a problem with the eLearning? How do I report a bug or something incorrect?

On any page in the Tableau eLearning Center, at the bottom of the page, click Support. Or in the top right corner, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile image, and then click Support. Fill out the form, and then click Submit.
    support-link.png

What other training options does Tableau provide, beyond eLearning?

Find out about live online training, classroom training, and more at tableau.com/training.

I’d like to learn about _______. How do I request eLearning for this topic?

Let us know what you want to learn by completing our Support form. On any page in the Tableau eLearning Center, at the bottom of the page, click Support, fill out the form, and then click Submit.

How can I suggest improvements to the eLearning? How do I request a new eLearning feature?

Send us your suggestions by completing our Support form. On any page in the Tableau eLearning Center, at the bottom of the page, click Support, fill out the form, and then click Submit.

How do I get access to Tableau’s eLearning? How can I view a sample of Tableau eLearning?

Visit tableau.com/elearning to learn more about our eLearning, try out a free sample, and purchase it for you or your organization. Or contact your Tableau Account Manager directly.

What curriculum is covered by Tableau eLearning?

Tableau eLearning is web-based education.  It allows you to easily onboard in a consistent and scalable way. Interactive courses are designed to help you learn the ins and outs of Tableau at your own pace. Hands-on activities and knowledge checks ensure you retain what you learn. Your progress is captured so you can monitor your results and stay engaged with the content.

The following courses are available through Tableau eLearning:

Click each course name to get detailed information about the curriculum. More content will be available in the future!

How do I purchase eLearning?

Contact your Tableau Account Manager.

What are the technology requirements/system requirements for using Tableau eLearning?

You will need:

• A version of the software (Tableau Desktop and/or Tableau Prep) that you want to learn through eLearning that has been released within the last year.
    • An Internet connection of 10Mbps or higher.
    • The ability to listen to audio (headphones are recommended).
    • The ability to download ~5MB activity files to your computer.
    • A Tableau eLearning-supported browser (we support recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Edge).

Do I need the software to use the eLearning?

Our eLearning teaches Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep skills and guides you through applying those skills using the software. It’s essential to have access to the software to benefit from the training.

Can I use Tableau Public instead of Tableau Desktop?

Use of Tableau Public instead of Tableau Desktop will not be possible.