In addition to the list of new articles and updates, this week in Quick Fix News I want to talk about a common question we get in Support: What is the "Tableau Software" user on Tableau Server, and can it be removed? This question has been asked often enough that we worked with our stellar documentation team to include the answer in Tableau Help. To learn more about the "Tableau Software" user account, see the Users page in Tableau Help.
And now for our regularly scheduled programming...
Quick Fix articles published last week:
- Error "The connection to the data source might have been lost" Connecting to Redshift
- Error "Communication with the Tableau Protocol Server process was lost" Connecting to Amazon Redshift
- Excel Data Is Treated in a Case-Insensitive Way
- Sharing Administrative Views with Non-Administrators
- Error "Workers not responding" During Failover Testing
- Fields with TIME Data Type Not Imported Into Tableau Desktop
Quick Fix articles updated based on customer feedback:
- Changing the Shape Palette Causes Tableau to Stop Responding (Added definition of a UNC path.)
- Date Parameter Calendar Does Not Display on Tableau Server (Added information about feature availability.)
- Error "Cannot blend secondary data source ... unsupported aggregation" (Added related link.)
- Moving Individual Workbooks From One Server to Another Server (Clarified instructions for published data sources.)
- Error Loading Server Activity and User Activity Views in Tableau Server (Added information about preventing the Tableau Repository from becoming full.)
- Changing a Workbook’s Default Color Palette (Clarified instructions.)
- Unable to Publish to Public Premium or Online (Added information about browsers other than Internet Explorer.)
I want to thank everyone who left feedback on our articles. I love reading your comments, and incorporating your feedback into existing articles will help other customers be successful in the future.