Hey everyone, happy Presidents' day!
- For many of you, working with spatial data is a daily requirement. For you and the rest of the map geeks out there, Tableau 10.2 includes a native connector to spatial data! Tackle your geospatial analysis with ease in Tableau 10.2 | Tableau Software
- Matt Chambers created a post about the creation of shaded slope charts in Tableau: How to create a shaded slope chart in Tableau
- Shinichiro Murakami posted a new version, simpler one, of his : Excel's Networkdays Alternative (Count days excluding Weekend) [version 2]
Most Talked About Thread
- This thread contains 10 very long comments. It looks like a battle happened in there, but the result is a huge WIN thanks to Simon Runc!
Any issue with the same topic? Check it out.
- In the same category, Cameron Taylor wanted to create a filter based on sets with intersecting data.
Most Viewed Thread
- 675 views: Ammar Khwaira wanted to show 5 donuts on a row and the other 5 on another row.
It is a technical solution to a simple-looking problem, as it sometimes occurs on our forums.
If you are interested in this as well, the thread is here: Multiple donut charts in single sheet/dashboard
Top Voted Idea
When a schedule is created on Tableau Server all users who have publisher permissions can use any schedule. This is a problem when you have mid-day extract refreshes for things like published data sources but you want to limit your self-service publishers to only be able to refresh extracts during non-peak hours.
Do you also feel the same way as Michael Moore does? Comment and upvote this idea!
All the details and wanted feature are here: https://community.tableau.com/ideas/6978
In Other News
- Don't forget to use the Helpful and Correct features on our forums. They are really useful to everyone by increasing stats, gaining time to other users looking for a solution to their problems, as well as better referencing threads on search tools.
That's it for this week. Hope you all have a productive week.
Until next time, happy analyzing!
Feel free to send any comments or questions about this digest to email@example.com