Last week was the first week of April - and hopefully, you got excited for the new Tableau Product line, TaBling! See what else was happening around the Community below -
A new webinar series known as Talk Data to Me is getting started next week. The series will be quick 30 minute presentations on some of the most popular Tableau topics by Tableau employees. They're definitely worth checking out - Talk Data to Me Webinar Series | Tableau Software.
Last week, two people earned the "Question Slayer" badge, in other words, 50+ of their responses have been recognized by other people as being the correct answer. Alexander Mou has been a member of the Community since early last year, and has been extremely active the last couple of months. Thank you for all the help you've provided people, Alexander!
Bill Lyons also received this badge last week. I had the pleasure of meeting Bill last Thursday at the Tableau 9.0 San Francisco Roadshow. Bill loves a challenge when it comes to Tableau and thus has been helping a lot of people along the way - thanks Bill!
Jeffrey Strauss achieved the "Questions for Breakfast!" badge - 25+ of his responses were marked as correct. Jeffrey has been spending a lot of time in the Server Administration space and will likely be able to help you with many of your Tableau Server questions. Thank you, Jeffrey for all your helpful answers!
Most Talked about Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread.
Larsen Rennie asked a question Regarding Parameter where the end user should be able to select the correct dates. Sankarmagesh Rajan amd Tableau kumar provided similar answers within 5 minutes of each other (they must have been working on it at the same time ), however, it was mahi reddy who ultimately solved the problem by writing an "If/then" calculation for each month.
Top Viewed Thread
Last week's top viewed thread was New Features in Tableau 9+? Prashant Sharma not only started the thread, but he has also been updating it with related links from Tableau and other blogs giving tips and how-to's with 9.0. Keep an eye on your inboxes for the imminent release!
Top Voted Idea
We've got some new ideas climbing to the top for most voted on last week. Last week, the Option to cache per workbook on Tableau Server created by Brandon Cole had 12 votes for a total of 19 votes after creating it just 2 weeks ago!
In Other News
- Miranda Li posted another Viz Makeover - San Francisco Real Estate. She got some great feedback on potential changes from Bill Lyons, Harley Ellenberger and Bruce Segal. It's amazing to see the different perspectives that people bring to a Viz and how much conversation they can spur.
- Tableau's Ken Schiele posted a new workbook in the Workbook & Calculation Library - Exclude Colors from Grand Totals for Sparse Data. This workbook demonstrates how to remove coloring from the grand total when it has been used throughout the rest of your viz.
- Toby Erkson doesn't ask questions very often (he's usually busy answering them or writing up tips), but when he does, he always makes sure to be very descriptive and ensure the answer that worked is as detailed as possible. In Does tabcmd syncgroup now truly sync? v8.3.2, The specified item was not found. provided Toby with the information he needed.
- Michael Sullivan asked how best to show Quarter to Quarter Fee Comparison Question. He provided both a screenshot and a workbook with his description, so that Mackey Borg could provide a detailed response, and solve Mike's question perfectly!
- It's always nice when a solution turns out to be easier than you expected, such as in this thread posted by David Fuentes in Color Legend. Shawn Wallwork worked with David to get to the root of the issue, and called in Jonathan Drummey to help out (as it looked like it was a data blending issue). Turned out, doing a quick field name change and adding a highlight action was the simple fix
Have a great week and happy analyzing!
As always, any suggestions, comments or submissions for this digest can be sent my direction to email@example.com.