Hope everyone had a great week last week and is having a good holiday season. I'll be publishing the next couple iterations of the Digest on Monday mornings. Let's take a peak into what was going on this week.
Most Talked About Thread
Top Viewed Thread
This week's most viewed thread was one started by Prashant Sharma in September regarding New Features in Tableau 9+?, but was probably got a lot of traffic because of the Tableau 8.3 release this past week.
Top Voted Idea
In Other News
- Cyche lops (I love your user name, by the way ) is a new user and asked a question providing as much information as he knew how to by providing a video. Completely new and I've got the first of many questions: Changing a quickfilter set to always include one option? Working with Shawn Wallwork and kettan, Cyche has a couple different options to bring to his bosses to solve the issue, and a couple ideas to vote on as a result of the thread.
- I always love the questions in regards to visualization best practices. Madhura Dighe asked when to which graph? does any one have any document / material, please help He got a lot of responses with some great resources from Pooja Gandhi, kettan, KK Molugu, Simon Runc and Mark Fraser. I definitely recommend checking out their suggestions if you haven't already.
- Joe Oppelt is usually answering questions like crazy, well in this case, he asked one rolling 12 running sum. Michel Caissie provided a solution instinctively with sorting that provided the solution Joe needed.
- David Li asked a good question about publishing data sources to the Tableau Data Server Why don't newly published data sources show up immediately? Shawn Wallwork went into detail as to why this happens and the two had an extensive conversation.
- Love when someone encounters a problem, sees someone else ask about it and shares what solved it. This happened when Ryan Francis helped out Doug Erickson in tabcmd error 'could not generate dh keypair'