1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 2:35 PM by Adrian Zinovei

Having Trouble Calculating Survey ResultResponse Rate

Rachel Sarabia Ortiz

I am trying to create a dashboard that displays count of respondents, count of people surveyed and a response rate. Currently, I am using a filter and a parameter to make this work. I cannot figure out the calculation I need to make the response rate work correctly using just my filter on college.

Can someone walk me through what I might be missing, what I can do to make this calculation work? Thank you in advance for your time and your help.

Total Number of Respondents- Calculated using the following LOD:

{ FIXED [College Location Primarily Work],[ResponseId]: [Total Numerator (copy)]}

Total Numerator Calculation:

SUM({ FIXED [ResponseId]: MIN([Weight])})

Weight Calculation:

case [College Location Primarily Work]

when " College 1" then 1.170816

when "College 2" then 0.790835

when "College 3" then 0.901423

when "District Office" then 0.648912

else 1

END

Total Number of Employees Surveyed- Calculated using the following LOD:

{ FIXED [College Location Primarily Work]: MIN([Total Denominator])}

Total Denominator Calculation:

IF [College Location Primarily Work]= "College 1" then 1379

ELSEIF [College Location Primarily Work]="College 2" then 323

ELSEIF [College Location Primarily Work]= "College 3" then 337

ELSEIF [College Location Primarily Work]= "District Office" then 122

ELSE 4 (these are the respondents who did not identify which college they were from)

END

Response Rate- Calculated using the following LOD:

SUM([Numerator LOD])/SUM([Denominator LOD])

Response Rates were not calculating correctly. I wanted Response Rates to be the following:

College 1 29.9%

College 2                      29.7%

College 3 30.0%

District Office            29.5%

Unknown                   100.0%

Grant Total                30.0%

So, I created the following calculation:

Response Rate with College Filter

CASE [College Location Primarily Work]

WHEN "College1" then [C1 Number of Respondents- Weighted]/[C1 Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "College2" then [C2 Number of Respondents- Weighted]/[C2 Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "College3" then [C3 Number of Respondents-Weighted]/[C3 Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "District Office" then [DO Number of Respondents- Weighted]/[DO Number of Employees Surveyed]

ELSE [Unknown Number of Employee Respondents]/[Unknown Number of Employees Surveyed]

END

The Response Rate was still not calculating correctly for the Grand Total- Which Represents All or District-Wide Results.

So, I created the following parameter:

And used the following calculation to get the response rate above:

Response Rate with Parameter

CASE [Parameters].[College Location Primarily Work]

WHEN "All" then [Weighted Total Number of Employee Respondents (copy)]/[Weighted Total Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "College1" then [C1 Number of Respondents- Weighted]/[C1 Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "College2" then [C2 Number of Respondents- Weighted]/[C2 Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "College3" then [C3 Number of Respondents-Weighted]/[C3 Number of Employees Surveyed]

WHEN "District Office" then [DO Number of Respondents- Weighted]/[DO Number of Employees Surveyed]

ELSE [Unknown Number of Employee Respondents]/[Unknown Number of Employees Surveyed]

END