Note: information copied from an old post related to TC 2012
Tableau Customer Conference 2012
Thanks for joining us! We packed the 2012 schedule with so many great sessions and learning opportunities that it was practically impossible to get to everything that looked interesting. That's why we're also providing session materials for download as well as video recordings when available.
Select the track you're interested in:
- Big Ideas
- Analytics Guru
- Amazing Authoring
- Working with Data
- Managing Server
- Tableau Jedi
- Hands-On Training
- Customers: Wow Stories
- Customers: Deploy & Grow
- Customers: Cool Uses of Tableau
Led by visionaries and scholars, these sessions will examine both the history and future of information design and data visualization. How did it start, where has it been, what works, what doesn't, and perhaps most importantly, where is it headed next?
- The 5 Most Influential Visualizations of All Time
- Data Conversations - Coming Soon!
- Analytic Database Technologies for a New Kind of User: The Data Enthusiast
- Science of Visual Analysis
- Storytelling in Tableau: Why, When, and How
- Behind the Scenes of Tableau Products: From Ideas to Reality
- Tableau Zen: Keeping it Simple, Yet Powerful
- Stat-Spotting: A Field Guide to Identifying Dubious Data
- Building Big Data Processing into your Businesses, Google-style
Led by Tableau, these sessions will focus on exploring and analyzing your data. Get ready to sharpen your critical thinking skills so you can slice, dice and entice your data to tell you everything you ever wanted to know and more!
- Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with Parameters
- Twitter Survival Guide: Visualizing Social Media with Tableau
- Supercharge your Analytics with Statistics I
- Supercharge your Analytics with Statistics II
- Building Analytical Applications: A Handbook - PowerPoint
- Getting More from Tableau with Geocoding Data
- When? For how long? Time Series Analysis with Tableau - Coming Soon! - Workbook
- On your MARKS, get SETS, GROUP!
- Understanding Table Calculations: Top 10 Great Examples
Led by data storytellers, these sessions will focus on how to present your analysis in an effective and meaningful way. Whether you're presenting a financial decision to your boss, negotiating with a vendor, or pitching a big sale to a major customer, there's nothing more powerful than visually representing the right facts in the right way at the right time.
- Authoring for Interactivity
- The Checklist: 10 Things to do to Build a Great Visualization
- Best Practices for Building Great Dashboards - PowerPoint
- Using Maps to Enhance Your Analysis
- Tips & Tricks for Beginners - PDF
- What's new in Tableau Desktop 8.0? - Demo: UX C - Demo: Analytics - Tableau 8 Overview
- Improving Dashboard Performance
- Demystify and Understand Formatting in Tableau
- Drive Your Message Home with the Right Dashboard
Working with Data
Flat files, databases, warehouses, or cubes: Access your data wherever it lives. Whether you are looking to connect to one data source, or multiple data sources, this track will discuss troubleshooting and optimizing in your environment, as well as tactics for combining multiple data sources together.
- Working with Cubes
- Best Practices for Business Data Access: Working with the Data Server
- Understanding Tableau Data Extracts: Extracting ROI
- Google Analytics: From Web Tracking to Visitor Intelligence
- Tableau and Salesforce.com: Peer Through the Cloud and Behold Your Critical Sales Indicators
- Relationship Advice: How to Make Your Joins and Blends Work - PDF - Workbook
- How Can I Wrestle My @#$%ing Data into Tableau?
- Big Data Unraveled: How to Harness the Power of Hadoop to Reveal the Value in your Data - Coming Soon!
- Bring Your SAP Data to Life with Tableau
- Understanding Tableau's Queries and their Impact on Performance
These sessions will focus on how to efficiently and effectively empower your colleagues to distribute, share and collaborate on analytical results, reports and dashboards – securely while leveraging your existing infrastructure and data governance policies.
- Tableau Server Architecture for Dummies - PowerPoint
- Getting Started with Tableau Server
- Top 10 Reasons to Use Tableau Server
- What's New in Tableau Server 8.0?
- Deploying Tableau Server in the Cloud - Coming Soon!
- Managing a Distributed and Highly Available Tableau Server Environment
- Planning and Optimizing Your Server Architecture
- Mobile Analytics
- Tableau Server Authentication Methods Overview
This track will focus on advanced features of Tableau, and was designed with experienced users in mind. Attend these sessions to not only make sure you are maximizing Tableau's latest product features and functionality, but also executing on them in an soft-spoken, yet effective, Jedi mind trick like way.
- Designing Dashboards for Performance - Coming Soon!
- Understanding Table Calculations: Theory and Practice
- Integrating Tableau in Your Portal or Web Applications
- Mark Types and Layout: What Every Good Jedi Should Know
- The Skills of the Masters: How to Add Jedi Tricks to Your Tableau Repertoire - PowerPoint - Workbook-START - Workbook-SOLUTIONS
- Filters, Filters, and More Filters: Using Them in the Right Way
- Authoring Efficient Calculations - PowerPoint
Hands on Training
Doing exercises in the product is a great way to solidify learning and understanding on new concepts.
- Mapping Fundamentals: Plotting Success
- Advanced Mapping Techniques in Tableau
- Table Calc Fundamentals: Mystery Solved
- Advanced Tableau Calculations - Exercises WkBk - Solutions WkBk
- Driving Blind? It’s Dashboard Time!
- Advanced Guided Analytics
- Meaningful Statistics in Ten Clicks or Less
- A Basic Guide to Tableau Server - Coming Soon!
- tabadmin & tabcmd: Automating processes in Tableau Server
- Boosting Interactivity with Parameters - Presentation WkBk - Exercise WkBk - Solutions WkBk - Bonus WkBk
- Join us at the Custom SQL Table
- Will it Blend? Creating a Recipe for Success with Disparate Data Sources - PDF - Workbook1 - Workbook2
Customers: Wow Stories
Organizations of all sizes turn to Tableau because it makes business intelligence fast, easy, visual and – as a result – impactful. These sessions feature in-depth looks at how Tableau is used as a Business Intelligence solution and the effect it's had on individuals, teams, and companies.
- Education Showcase: How 3 Institutions are Advancing their Missions
- From Data to Knowledge: Evolving Analytics at eBay
- Like! Facebook’s Tableau Deployment & HackBook Tips
- Tableau’s Black Magic at Intel: Illusion of Consistency with Efficiency - Coming Soon!
- An Early Warning System Changes Dropout Rates at Spokane Public Schools
- One of These Things is Not Like the Other: Why Web Data is Unique
- Healthcare Showcase: 3 Customers Show How They Improved Care
- Redbox Uses Big Data Analytics to Reach 2 Billion Rentals
- How SpaceX Created Visual Scheduling & MES (Manufacturing Execution System) - Coming Soon!
- Wells Fargo’s Approach to Monitoring Changes and Evolving New Processes
Customers: Deploy & Grow
Converting the potential of Tableau into reality is the focus of this track. From selecting Tableau right down to driving adoption by business users, these sessions cover a range of topics that explore how to help your company accelerate a successful Tableau implementation.
- Rapidly Advancing Data Literacy at ACT Using Visual Analytics
- Catch Me if You Can - Detecting Insurance Fraud at Allstate
- From Outlawed to Outstanding: Tableau in Enterprise IT at Cisco
- How Dell Is Creating an Environment of Collaborative BI
- Tableau on Every Desktop: Deloitte’s U.S. Implementation
- The Multi-platform BI Company - Integrating Tableau and Oracle BI - Presentation WkBk - Presentation Slides
- Adopting Tableau & the Impact on Care at Vanderbilt’s Children’s Hospital
- Personas, Pyramids, Push & Pull: Strategies to Drive User Engagement
Customers: Cool Uses of Tableau
These sessions showcase how customers use Tableau to re-define data conversations. From exploiting social data and tapping Hadoop to engaging new audiences and transforming the way business is done. Tableau is opening doors for our customers to think about new ways to make data the centerpiece of their success.
- Tips & Tricks from the Wild
- How Tableau Public Premium Transforms Business Opportunities
- Citrix's "Bring Your Own Tool" Approach to Enterprise BI
- Police & Cartels: How Data is Changing Public Discourse & Actions
- Transforming the Arizona Lottery with a Single Dashboard
- Powering a New Business Strategy at Match.com through Localized Analytics
- External Service & Internal Insight: How HTM Serves Clients Better - Coming Soon!
- Political Ad Spending: How Tableau Changed the 2012 Election - Coming Soon!
- Rebuilding WildTangent Into a Data-driven Company - Coming Soon!