1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2020 5:56 PM by Subodh Gupta

creating filled map from zipcode data

billy damanik

Dear Masters,Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 11.08.27.png

Need your help to make filled map from zipcode data (country : indonesia, city : jakarta)

I want to make filled map with area from zip code (has same colour).

datas contain : province, city, area, zip code & sales volume.

Thanks you

• 1. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
          KALPIT GOYAL

Hi Billy,

Could you please share your Tableau workbook for the appropriate solution.

Thank you,

Kalpit

• 2. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
            billy damanik

Hi Kalpit,

below is twbx file

KALPIT GOYAL wrote:

Hi Billy,

Could you please share your Tableau workbook for the appropriate solution.

Thank you,

Kalpit

• 3. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
              KALPIT GOYAL

You want the street map something like this?

Jakrta.png

• 4. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                BILLY DAMANIK

No Kalpit,

Just like image below

Thanks

• 5. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                  Subodh Gupta

Hi Billy,

You will need the shapefile for the granularity you are looking for.

The best I found was something like this:

https://data.humdata.org/dataset/indonesia-administrative-boundary-polygons-lines-and-places-levels-0-4b

Subodh.

• 6. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                    BILLY DAMANIK

hi subodh,

tried to download shp file from yesterday, but always failed.

would you mind sharing the file if you have it?

thanks

• 7. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                      Subodh Gupta

Hi Billy,

Sorry, I had been busy with some post-go-live jitters on my project.

The shapefile is too big for me to attach it here. I believe it's for the entire country. I had filtered it for a specific region for demo purpose.

Try this google drive link and let me know if you are to download it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FyfFNnHvjF2vPjL5_j9ae6kBBwGWe6Xu

Subodh.

• 8. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                        BILLY DAMANIK

many thanks Subodh.

I already get shp files from my friend.

If you don't mind I have another questions

I grouped some regency/city into region (different colour for each region), but when I want to join with other data, I can't find my region(field Nama Kanwil) to join with.

Take a look @ picture no 2, there is no blue line above Nama Kanwil

How can I use that region to match with other data ?

Please help.

Thanks you

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.48.10.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.49.08.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.50.23.png

• 9. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                          Subodh Gupta

Hi Billy,

Nama Kanwil is a derived field in the Viz. You must have created that as a Group Field after you connected to adm_indonesia.shp.

Depending on what information you are sourcing from sheet1, you can create that as a separate data source and then use blending to join the two. Then you will be able to use that field to create a relationship between the two data sources. However, keep in mind that blending brings its own set of limitations and issues.

Subodh.

• 10. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                            BILLY DAMANIK

still don't get it, why after I create columns 'Nama Kanwil' and when I want to join adm_indonesia.shp with excel contains column 'Nama Kanwil' also, it doesn't show up in pic no 2.

• 11. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                              Subodh Gupta

Well, because 'Nama Kanwil is not a column in  adm_indonesia.shp.

If you can replicate the logic for grouping the values into an IF statement, you might be able to in 'Create Join Calculation'

Subodh.

• 12. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                                BILLY DAMANIK

Hi Subodh,

Thank you for helping me. I follow yoour instruction using 'if then else' to create join calculation, it works but the data seems exploding. my excel only has 27K row data, but after I use this join, it become 145Mio row data.

I use distinct data but it also different with my actual data

below is  code sample

if ([Nama Kab]="KOTA PADANG SIDEMPUAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA BINJAI" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA MEDAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA TEBING TINGGI" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA PEMATANG SIANTAR" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA TANJUNG BALAI" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA SIBOLGA" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="HUMBANG HASUNDUTAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="PAK-PAK BHARAT" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="NIAS SELATAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="LANGKAT" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="DELI SERDANG" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="SERDANG BEDAGAI" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KARO" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="DAIRI" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="SIMALUNGUN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="ASAHAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="BATU BARA" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="LABUHAN BATU SELATAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="LABUHAN BATU" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="LABUHAN BATU UTARA" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="SAMOSIR" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="TOBA SAMOSIR" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="TAPANULI UTARA" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="TAPANULI TENGAH" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="TAPANULI SELATAN" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="PADANG LAWAS" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="PADANG LAWAS UTARA" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="MANDAILING NATAL" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="NIAS" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="NIAS BARAT" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="NIAS UTARA" and [Nama Prop]="SUMATERA UTARA") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA DUMAI" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA PEKAN BARU" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="ROKAN HILIR" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="BENGKALIS" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KEPULAUAN MERANTI" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="ROKAN HULU" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KAMPAR" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="SIAK" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="PELALAWAN" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="INDRAGIRI HILIR" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="INDRAGIRI HULU" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KUANTAN SINGINGI" and [Nama Prop]="RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA LHOKSUMAWE" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA LANGSA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA SABANG" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA BANDA ACEH" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH JAYA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="NAGAN RAYA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH TAMIANG" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="GAYO LUES" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH BARAT DAYA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH UTARA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="BIREUEN" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="PIDIE" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="PIDIE JAYA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH BESAR" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH BARAT" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH TENGAH" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="BENER MERIAH" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH TIMUR" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH TENGGARA" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH SELATAN" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="ACEH SINGKIL" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="SUBULUSSALAM" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="SIMEULUE" and [Nama Prop]="NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA BATAM" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KEPULAUAN ANAMBAS" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="NATUNA" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KARIMUN" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="KOTA TANJUNG PINANG" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="LINGGA" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") or

([Nama Kab]="BINTAN" and [Nama Prop]="KEPULAUAN RIAU") then "WILAYAH  MEDAN"

ELSEIF "WILAYAH XX"

end

Thanks

• 13. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                                  Subodh Gupta

Billy,

Looks like it's creating some kind of Cartesian Product. Does your Region.csv file have more than one record for a region? It's difficult to debug without having a look at the actual workbook.

Can you post the workbook?

Subodh.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                                    BILLY DAMANIK

Hi Subodh,

below is twbx file's link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jcXkf-szB1B84qe_81ulUHoZfFDSF8KG

my cms community data only consist 12 rows. after joining data, it become 70K data.

Thanks

1 2 Previous Next