More information and eligibility criteria
One winner will be awarded one (1) ticket to attend Tableau’s annual conference, along with $2500 in cash to be spent at the recipient’s discretion for travel & expenses.
Expenses related to attendance at the conference may include travel, lodging, food & beverage, etc.
Designated employees of Tableau will evaluate applications based on the specified criteria. All decisions by Tableau are final.
To be considered for the award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Actively support the Tableau Community mission: To connect people so they can help each other see and understand their data.
- This award is being given in honor of the founding members of the Tableau community who established a unique environment of inclusivity and selflessness. Please be prepared to provide detailed examples where your nominee has actively helped others in the Tableau Community not for personal gain or recognition.
- Adhere to guiding principles in the Tableau Community Code of Conduct.
- Plan to attend Tableau Conference in the calendar year selected.
Nominees are ineligible if:
- They have received this award in the past.
- They received this award but did not attend the corresponding conference without notifying Tableau.
- Award application is inaccurate, untrue or incomplete.
Preference may be given to those nominees who:
- Have never attended a Tableau Conference.
- Are unable to obtain financial funding or assistance from employers and who are also personally experiencing financial hardship.
If you are unable to attend conference you may forfeit this award. It will be re-awarded at Tableau’s discretion. The award may not be sold, shared, or deferred.
Nomination Procedures & Deadline:
Submit your nomination by filling out the online form by October 18, 2019
Nominations must be submitted via the designated online form. Mail-in nominations will not be accepted. Nominations may be submitted beginning October 4, 2019 and must be received no later than 5 p.m. PST on Friday, October 14, 2019. Tableau will verify the factual basis of the submitted nominations and may request substantiating information from nominees or others. Tableau reserves the right to request and require additional information from nominees in order to have their nomination considered. False, deceptive, or unsubstantiated nominations or acts may render a nominee ineligible.