3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2019 6:56 AM by Jim Dehner

Display 0 When Parameter Selection Has No Data

Leonda Adeko

Hello, I have created one parameter and it works great. However, I notice that when I selected an Employee's Name that has no data in the metric I am looking at the data just disappears. Is there a way to have it display "0" or just blank instead of totally disappearing the chart/metric altogether from the screen?

• 1. Re: Display 0 When Parameter Selection Has No Data
          Jim Dehner

hi

need a little more information

you created a parameter on cust name? and then created a calculation or filter like if cust name = parameter value then something  ??

and you get nothing when there is no record matching cust name???

the issue is not with the parameter it is with the data - there is no record that matches the filtered data - not a null value in the data set  actually no data''

the issue can be resolved with padding the data - see many references to scaffolding data -

or depending on the data structure you can add  something like  ifnull( Lookup(attr(custname),0),0)  IF the data structure and data will allow it - if you attach your twbx a more specific response can be developed

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Display 0 When Parameter Selection Has No Data
            Leonda Adeko

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I think I like it this way. But if the end users see any issue with it, I will revisit this thread. I truly appreciate the quick response. Thanks

• 3. Re: Display 0 When Parameter Selection Has No Data
              Jim Dehner

OK if my response help yu please mark it correct or helpful to close the thread

thanks

Jim