9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2019 3:08 PM by Rafael Millan

Cumulative percentage current month

Rafael Millan

Good morning to everyone,

First of all, excuse my english.

I would like to see if you can help me with a problem that is being presented to me in Tableau Desktop. The data I show is an example, but I would like to transfer them to a real case.

For forecasting topics, I would like to be able to get the percentage of the accumulated sales of the current month against the accumulated sales of the previous month in the same period. For example, the first 10 days of august against the first 10 days of july.

What I did is put the days in columns, and the months in rows. I create a cumulative table calculation of the months and a secondary calculation of percentage difference up.

I wolud like to take the percentage of the current day and multiply it by the accumulated sales of the previous month to see what is the projection of this month would be based on that percentage.

I suppose that the easiest way would be to create a calculated field that gives me the value of that percentage, and then, multiply it by the accumulated sales of the previous month, but I don´t know how to do it.

I thank you very much.

I hope I have expressed myself well.

Attached workbook