Are you interested in using data to solve big and important problems in new ways — like improving the effectiveness and accessibility of critical health and social services, helping high-need communities overcome barriers to equity, and driving an integrated approach to service delivery? Are you a self-starter that is passionate about translating data into insights and insights into public impact?
The Planning and Analytics (PACS) team, housed in the Director’s Office of the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, is looking for a hands-on program manager to help drive cutting-edge analytical initiatives. As a member of the team, you will help cultivate important new insights from a state-of-the-art integrated data system, covering over 100,000 clients across more than a hundred social and health services in five service areas: Children, Youth, and Families; Services to End and Prevent Homelessness; Public Health; Aging and Disability; and Behavioral Health and Crisis Services.
In this position, you will contribute to important new department-wide work that includes an ambitious “Data 4 Equity” initiative, the use of data to “turn the curve” on executive priorities like food insecurity and affordable child care, and the development of in-depth “community analytics.” This work will equip everyone from the director to frontline staff to the public with new insights to inform outreach, interventions, and strategy.
- Demonstrated interest in the rapidly evolving fields of data analytics, data science, business intelligence, or performance management, such as through experience with advanced analytical tools like Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Oracle BI, R, Python, SQL, Qlik, D3, or similar.
- Ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly as opportunities present themselves.
- Ability to work well in a small team in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with data to persuade and inform decision makers and other diverse audiences.
- Passion for public service and “data for good” projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject.
- Three years of analytical work experience (Master’s degree can substitute for two of these years).
Why the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services:
- One of the nation’s largest integrated departments of health and human services, covering over 100,000 clients across 5 services areas, 120 programs, 450 contracts, and 20 service delivery locations.
- Cutting edge investments in integrated data and analytics, including an enterprise-wide integrated case management system and electronic health records system.
- Opportunity to grow and learn (and teach) through the Center for Continuous Learning.
- Ability to contribute to important County-wide initiatives, including a leading Open Data Platform (dataMontgomery) and strategic planning for such areas as food security and poverty.
To view the formal job posting, go to http://www.bit.ly/dhhs-analytics-job. To apply, please create an account on the "Recruitment Home" tab and click on the "Register Today" button. You can return to the job posting to apply by going to the same link above or by searching for job #IRC38767. We will start reviewing resumes on August 7.