If interested, please apply here.
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago's youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 11,000 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
The Data Strategy Manager is responsible for successful design and implementation of data solutions for visualization, analysis, and reporting of agency data. This position supports Youth Guidance’s research, program evaluation, quality improvement, and performance management functions by managing the agency’s client data system and ensuring quality processes are in place for collection, storage, and aggregation of data. This position also works closely with other members of the Evaluation & Quality Improvement Department and other agency staff to ensure staff have access to data through dashboards, data queries, and other reports to facilitate analysis and internal and external reporting.
- Perform data analysis and apply data visualization techniques to generate knowledge of program implementation, assess performance vs. targets and trends, and support program quality improvement and reporting needs
- Manage and monitor the agency’s electronic client information system, including configuration of front-end user interface and back-end database
- Work with program and administrative teams to build and maintain data quality and program performance tracking dashboards and other reporting/tracking systems
- Coordinate agency-wide data collection processes
- Develop systems to import and integrate external data sources with agency’s data systems
- Compile large data sets from multiple data sources through SQL queries to facilitate research and evaluation
- Refine and document data process flows and metric calculation definitions to ensure data is consistently and accurately reported across agency programs and over time
- Establish data quality processes, procedures and systems/tools for monitoring and controlling for data quality
- Provide supervision to Data Analyst. May include supervision of interns or other part-time staff
- Train program staff on data collection, entry, management, reporting and analysis as needed
- Participation in shaping agency’s data privacy and security policies and procedures to ensure that the agency is in compliance with HIPAA/FERPA and data use agreements with external partners
Minimum Qualifications Education/Experience/Training
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Public Policy/Education Policy, Business Administration, Information Systems, or other related field
- 2+ years experience in data/database management required; experience in an educational or social science environment highly preferred
- Expertise in SQL, preferably including SSIS/SSRS
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Experience with Tableau, SPSS or other similar tools highly preferred
- User interface form design a plus
- Ability to explain statistical analysis and communicate analytical results to a wide variety of audiences with varying understanding of statistics
- Ability to translate complex ideas, concepts, and needs into clear and succinct pieces of information and data solutions
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines with competing demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional local travel (10%).
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ***, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- data management: 2 years (Required)