1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2019 3:11 AM by Jim Dehner

Market share %, Lookup filter is not working for other sheets.

sunil joshi

Hi All,

I have used a table calculation to compute the market share %. 

SUM([Value]) / TOTAL(SUM([Value (]))

When I am using the Brand filter it showing 100% for each Brand,

then I have also created a Brand filter below which is working fine but this filter is not applying to other sheets.

Please suggest how to do that.

I can't upload workbook because it is too heavy.

Regards

Sunil

• 1. Re: Market share %, Lookup filter is not working for other sheets.
          Jim Dehner

good morning

table  calculations are specific to the  sheet on which they are created - the work on the underlying "table" for that specific sheet - hence the name table calculations - you can not transfer the result from one sheet to another

so what to do - use an LOD in place of the table calc -total() is the offending table calc -

SUM([Value]) / sum({fixed:sum(value)})        should work but you need to check the syntax - I did not have your book to check it in

Others have found ways to provide dummy workbook or include only a portion of the data - when you don't do that you are asking us to guess at the data structure - number of sources and other calculations in the book all of which can affect your solution - and often come back with "I should have said...", "what I really meant..." or some other "Follow up question" as a result

JIm

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.