1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2019 11:47 PM by Chris McClellan

Scheduled Extract Not refreshing data in Worksheets

Tyrella Ferrill

Hello,

I have an Extract that is not updating on Tableau Online.  The Extract is from a SQL Stored Procedure and is used to populate data on two Worksheets. It's set on a scheduled task to refresh every morning at 4 AM, but it has not been refreshing the data, even though every day the task shows that it was refreshed.  I believe my Extract isn't getting updated and the refresh is happening off an old extract, but I'm not sure how to update the actual Extract then. 

When I look at the Extract on Tableau Online, I'm seeing not only different refresh times, but also Extract vs Live for the same Data Source.

When I navigate to Explore --> Project --> Worksheet --> Data Source

This is what I'm seeing for the Extract on one worksheet vs the other worksheet.  One worksheet is showing that it was refreshed last night even though I manually refreshed this morning.  The other worksheet is showing as live.  I'm not sure what Live in this case means as I don't think it's directly pulling from the database.

Extract1.pngExtract2.png

When I go to Explore --> Project

The Extract is showing the time I refreshed this morning in Tableau Desktop.

Extract3.png

If there is more information that is needed, please just let me know. 

Thanks,

Ty