1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2019 10:24 PM by Chris McClellan

Table Calculation Percent Difference Wrong Numbers

Arsalan Qureshi

Hi Everyone,

Please find below my sample data set:

Year                                               2016                                            2017                                   2018                 

Number of Customers                                 20,703                                          20,584                                20,557                                              

16 - 17                                17 - 18

-.53%                                 -.30%

The issue I am facing is that for (17 - 18) the percent being calculated is wrong. It should be (20557- 20584 / 20584) = -.13%.

The interesting part of the story is that the (16 - 17) difference is being calculated accurately, its the (17 - 18) that is derailing.

I am doing distinct count off customers --> cntd(customers) then quick calculation type of percent difference from specific dimensions on Year relative to Previous.

(LOOKUP(COUNTd([Customers]),0) - LOOKUP(COUNTd([Customers]),-1) )

/LOOKUP(COUNTd([Customers]),-1)   ---------> The Table Calculation Formula.

Thanks in advance.