Are you still running into this issue? FYI the link below may be a good reference..
Compatibility between different versions of Tableau Prep Builder
Generally, a new version of Tableau Prep Builder can open flows created in an older version. However, compatibility issues can occur when you try to open a flow between newer and older versions of Tableau Prep Builder or even when opening flows in the same version of Tableau Prep Builder using different computers.
- The flow includes input connectors or features that aren't supported in the version where the flow is opened.
- The machine that you use to open the flow doesn't have the required input connectors installed or has a driver version for the connector that isn't compatible. Tableau Prep Builder requires 64-bit drivers to be installed to work with flow input connectors.
If compatibility is an issue, when you try to open the flow, the flow may open but contains errors or the flow won't open and you receive an error message. In the example below, the flow won't open and an error message displays and lists the incompatible features and options for resolving the issue.
Fix compatibility issues with Tableau Prep Builder
To fix compatibility issues, try one of the following:
- Upgrade to the latest version of Tableau Prep Builder.Click the update button on the bottom of the Discover pane to download the latest version of the product and follow the instructions to Install Tableau Prep Builder in the Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep Builder Deployment Guide. If you don't have access to the update button on the Discover pane, instructions about how to download the latest version of the product are included in the Install Tableau Prep Builder topic.
- Make sure your computer is compatible with Tableau Prep Builder. For example, make sure that you have the 64-bit drivers installed for the connectors used by the flow. To install drivers, see the Driver Download page.
- Open a copy of the flow that has the incompatible features removed