5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2019 12:08 PM by Joe Oppelt

Trying to have a column as string

SHAILESH Dixit

Attached is a screenshot wherein the format in which I want the excel is:

In BSE--> Tier Number, Tier Desc, Tier Quantity, Tier Unit Price, Tier Uom Prc and the same for BSN,BSR etc.

Is it possible to add this Tier_Desc dimension alongwith the measure there. I want is that whatever the tier number be its description should be displayed along with it.

I cannot change the format.

Please suggest.

• 1. Re: Trying to have a column as string
          Joe Oppelt

I don't understand what you're asking for.

In your screen shot you have a black box and a brown box.  Do you want to display something in there?  Given the info in the screen shot, what do you expect the string to look like?  and where will it go?

• 2. Re: Trying to have a column as string
            SHAILESH Dixit

Joe those boxes are just to hide the data.

The string Tier_desc(dimension) I want to show with tier number, Tier Quantity, Tier Unit Price, Tier Uom Prc as a column in below format:

Tier Number, Tier Desc, Tier Quantity, Tier Unit Price, Tier Uom Prc.

• 3. Re: Trying to have a column as string
              Joe Oppelt

SHAILESH Dixit wrote:

The string Tier_desc(dimension) I want to show with tier number, Tier Quantity, Tier Unit Price, Tier Uom Prc as a column in below format:

And where do you want to display that?

Would you still have the individual measure names listed where they currently are in the screen shot?

I'm just not understanding what you need, and more importantly, why you need it.

• 4. Re: Trying to have a column as string
                SHAILESH Dixit

Yes Joe all the measures will be there. I only want to add Tier_desc as a column. End result would be:

To answer your question why I want to add is if I should select a manufacture name it should display me what is the tier number, Tier_Desc,Tier Quantity, Tier Unit Price, Tier Uom Prc in BSE, BSN etc categories.

• 5. Re: Trying to have a column as string
                  Joe Oppelt

Make a calc like this:

STR(ATTR([Tier No]) + ", " + ATTR([Tier Desc]) + ", " + STR(ATTR([Tier Qty]) + ...

Just build out the string, using STR() to convert numeric values to string.  I added a comma-space between the individual parts.  You can format that however you want.

I still don't understand what you are doing with this, but that would make the string description calc you need.

If you need more help with this, I'm going to need a sample workbook to understand what you are doing.