2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2019 7:45 AM by sahithi Muri

Will Tableau extract have the latest data ?

sahithi Muri

Hello All,

I really want to know if there is any lag in the data b/n DB to the tableau.Currently,I am connecting from tableau to Mongo API in Cosmos DB and when I refresh it at 9AM,I can see data until 7:00 AM.Is that depends on DB or Tableau? .In that case,when we publish to server and schedule the extract refresh for 15 min/live connection will I be seeing the real time data?.Kindly pleae let me know.Thanks in advance and I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sahithi.

• 1. Re: Will Tableau extract have the latest data ?
          Ankit Patel

Hi Sahithi,

Please find my response below:

I really want to know if there is any lag in the data b/n DB to the tableau. --- There might be lag if the connection to underlying database is LIVE - i.e. you will need to hit the REFRESH icon on the Viz in order to query back results if you are viewing the Viz.

Currently,I am connecting from tableau to Mongo API in Cosmos DB and when I refresh it at 9AM,I can see data until 7:00 AM.Is that depends on DB or Tableau?  --- The dependency is on your underlying DB - it seems that if hit Refresh at 9 am - the data brought back was due to the case that your underlying DB has data till 7 am only. Ideally, if the DB had data up to 9 AM your refresh of Extract should pull data up to 9 AM. Makes sense?

In that case,when we publish to server and schedule the extract refresh for 15 min/live connection will I be seeing the real time data? --- When you publish the data either .tde/.hyper or .twbx to Server and schedule it for every 15 mins refresh you will get updated data every 15 minutes as long as your underlying DB is getting refreshed every 15 mins or every min.

Hope the above helps you understand. Feel free to ask any questions if you are not sure.

Best regards,

Ankit

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Will Tableau extract have the latest data ?
            sahithi Muri

Thank you so much for reply Ankit,I just wanted to get the clarity that tableau will have all the data that DB has.