Contact me (Branden_Kornell at abtassociates.com) if you'd like more information about Abt or are interested in a referral.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior Data Visualization Developer to support the Data Science, Surveys, and Enabling Technologies Division in Cambridge, MA. The Senior Data Visualization Developer will work with business owners to define and improve data visualization services; collaborate with project directors and clients to design, budget, and implement data visualization solutions; manage data visualization teams. Responsibilities include documenting and analyzing business requirements; researching, testing, implementing, and managing Data Visualization infrastructure including analytic, statistical, front-end UI, and business intelligence solutions to support the data visualization needs of projects; providing internal and external trainings and presentations; supporting internal and external proposals. The position works with data from a wide range of projects across multiple subject matters, including but not limited to: health systems strengthening, education, food securities, environmental compliance, HIV testing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as senior business resource to project staff in all phases of the development and implementation of data visualization systems, solutions, and process improvements
- Analyze business problems to determine appropriate technical and/or non-technical solutions
- Determine technical requirements - interface with clients/managers to gather specifications on the desired task
- Provide design direction – present initial wireframes/mock-ups and proofs of concepts to clients and gather feedback then present final designs and methodologies for approval
- Work on development – implement proofs of concept using BI and data visualization technologies
- Test data transformation processes for accuracy given various expected and unexpected inputs and quality of visualizations across all supported browsers and devices
- Research, evaluate, and make recommendations for new data visualization techniques, tools, and platforms for our data visualizatioin service catalogue. Work with vendors and CTC management to negotiate licensing, configuration/installation, and testing
- Conduct internal marketing (brown bags, peer-2-peer, etc.) to let people know what is possible. Make presentations to clients and stakeholders, and conduct trainings on how to use interactive data visualization dashboards
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- 5+ years relevant experience in data analysis, data mining, and statistics
- 5+ years experience designing interactive graphics, infographics and data visualizations
- Adept at identifying and drawing connections between project needs and potential technology solutions
- Have capacity to adapt and thrive in diverse, unfamiliar, and challenging situations. Ability to managing multiple engagements simultaneously
- Proficient at learning new technologies and effectively incorporating into the work environment
- Have experience with Business Intelligence and data discovery tools such as SAS, Tableau, Spotfire, Business Objects, QlikView, Google Charts, Highcharts, etc.
- Skillful in engaging clients to gather and document requirements
- Possess effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree with 5 – 7 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience